Since the beginning of man, humanity has been on an endless quest to find or invent tools that could make our lives happier (but most importantly easier).
With the advancements in modern technology and automation over the last 20 years, we are at a point in time where access to advanced technology can genuinely help you live a more stress-free life.
Whether it’s home, portable or wearable technology the options to help streamline your life and the life of your family is almost endless. To help you discover new assistive technology that can enhance the quality of your life (without breaking the bank), we’ve put together this list of our favourite devices that we couldn’t live without.
Wearable silent alarms
Nobody likes alarms, but they are a cruel yet essential part of life. Well, who said the only option for an alarm was to wake you up so abruptly that you are at risk of having a heart attack? Wearable silent alarms are a cheap, gentle and non-starting way to wake up. Most of these devices work through gentle vibration so that you are softly woken up by the equivalent of a repetitive light tap on the wrist. Below are a few of our favourite perks of wearable silent alarms
- They allow you to ditch your phone as your alarm, phones can make poor sleeping partners as they can distract you from sleep
- With no loud noise, you can sleep safely with another person knowing your alarm is unlikely to wake them up
- Many silent alarms also include sleep trackers that allow you to monitor your sleep patterns
- Many silent alarms can be preprogrammed with your desired alarm time, meaning that you can forget about having to set it each night
However, be warned that if you sleep so deeply that a plane taking off next door wouldn’t wake you, you may need another option.
LED light bulbs
This may seem like a low-tech option in comparison to some of the other options on the list, but when you break down some of the features and functions of LED bulbs you soon realise how much of a technological advancement they are. Below we’ve highlighted a few reasons why we love LED bulbs
- They are more energy-efficient meaning that your electricity bill will be cheaper
- They last considerably longer than traditional light bulbs
- They produce almost no heat, making them ideal for rooms with low ceilings
- You can get LED bulbs that can change colour
LED bulbs can boost your health and happiness in the following ways:
- They can produce light of such high quality it is close to daylight, this can help brighten dark environments more naturally and it may benefit people feeling the effects of seasonal affective disorder (SAD) or jet lag
- LEDs are perfect for illuminating tasks that need high detail, focus and concentration
- They allow you to customise the light in your environment, potentially helping with problems like headaches and migraines
Best of all, as the technology is now mature, costs for LED bulbs are considerably cheaper than when they first appeared. Lighting retailers like all-lights.co.uk are offering large ranges of cheap light bulbs, all available with fast and free delivery options.